The Dawn Theater strives to warmly welcome all patrons and visitors to our theater. By doing this, we hope to make attending events at the Dawn as effortless as possible for all guests regardless of background or ability.
The Dawn Theater is committed to making sure our website is easy to use and accessible for all. To maintain this level of excellence, the Dawn Theater holds its website and marketing materials to a standard that complies with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0), which is an international standard measure of accessibility success, as well as the most current rules of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Title III, administered by the Department of Justice of the United States. The Dawn Theater pledges to continually monitor and update our materials to make sure our theater can continually serve all patrons.
You can learn more about W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) HERE.
In addition, our site was tested using SiteImprove, a third-party authority in web accessibility. The website is routinely tested to ensure that any new or newly edited content conforms with the most up-to-date accessibility guidelines, as reported by the SiteImprove tool.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you are experiencing difficulty reading our website on your screen, changing the settings on your browser may help to improve the readability and visibility of each page:
Find out more about the accessibility features of these leading Internet Browsers through the links below:
- Mozilla Firefox : Click here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome : Click here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer : Click here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click here for Apple Accessibility Support
Website Accessibility Features
The website for The Dawn Theater was developed to be fully accessible to all site visitors and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. It conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
- Navigation Shortcuts – To navigate our website, use the tab key to explore the elements of each page and the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
- Structured, Semantic Markup – HTML heading tags are used to convey document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our sitemap for easy navigation.
- Images Visibility – All content images include descriptive ALT attributes.
The website is designed to conform to Level AA compliance, as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, which details the reasoning behind each guideline.
- Section 508, which includes information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following free tools and services are available to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- Click here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
Accessible Public Spaces
- Accessible entrance
- Service animals welcome
- A lift provides accessible access from the front lobby off Broad Street into our main event space including the concession stand, restrooms, and stage
- Visual and audible fire alarm
- Accessible bathroom
- Doorways that provide at least 32” clear width
- Braille detail on door signs
- Braille instructions on lift
- Wide corridors
If you have any questions, concerns, or difficulties learning about or accessing our theater, please call or email us. We would be glad to assist you.