Old Hollywood glamor with a modern flair
Located in the heart of downtown Hillsdale, Michigan, old-school glamour meets modern-day comfort and charm in this renovated, historic movie theater.
Whether you’re hosting an event, looking for a concert venue, or planning your happily ever after, our team is ready to make sure your event is just the way you dreamed it.
Throw an event you’ll never forget
The Dawn Theater is available for a multitude of events such as weddings & receptions, business meetings, proms, baby showers, reunions, community events, photography sessions or anything else you can dream up.
We know details make the difference
When you book the Dawn Theater, the Theater is exclusively yours. Dress it up or dress it down, the Dawn Theater provides a refreshed canvas for you to plan your event upon. We understand the importance of flexibility, personal service, and attention to the smallest of details.
- Historic 1919 theater right off Michigan 99
- Exquisite concession-stand-turned-bar with full-service wine, liquor, and beer bar
- Outdoor marquee with gold glowing Edison-style bulbs
- Secluded balcony space with 20 original theater chairs
- Three platforms for dining and dancing options
- Historic vaudeville stage complete with footlight rail
- Ornate stenciling replicating original hand-stenciling found in the theater
Full Service Venue
- Event staff and management
- Large round tables and black padded chairs covered in white linen
- Cocktail tables & full-service bar
- Vendor referrals
- Can seat 100-130 guests comfortably, can accommodate more in a mingling setting
- Off-site catering allowed
- Directly off Michigan 99
- 1 mile to Hillsdale College
- 30 minutes from Coldwater, MI
- 45 minutes from Jackson, MI
A timeless building with history in its bones
The Dawn Theater was constructed in 1919 from an old livery stable. After serving as a vaudeville theater, silent and talking movie house, and music venue, the Dawn now stands to serve you as a premier location for your next event.Our History